As the festive season approaches, your calendar should be choc-a-bloc with events you have planned to spruce up your Ecommerce website for the festivities. Here are some tips you may wish to include in your calendar.
It is time already to start preparing for the busy months ahead. Do a detailed analysis of your site to check if you have missed out on any detail. If you have a mobile and a desktop version all the more reason you should check to see if you are missing any recent updates happening in the Industry but not there in your site. Some of the things you should check include:
- Latest Shopping trends – Are you offering your customers the same trends?
- Site Design – Does it need a refurbishing?
- Check out Speed – Is your checkout speed fast enough to satisfy your customers?
- Stock Inventory – Are you well-stocked?
Once you are done with the necessary research, now is the time for action. Spread the word about your services, offers and discounts. You must have a long list so start early. Before that, however, you need to ensure that your e-mail list is updated. Check with your previous lists and ensure that everything is in order.
Your priority communication should include:
- Pre-Holiday sales
- Important Updates
- Suggestions for gifts
- Offers and discounts
- Reminder to note the last day of shopping
Since you have started early, you will have ample time to note the responses and modify your communication strategies if required.
Since you are almost close to the onset of festivities, break up the month into two logical divisions. Organize your communication channels in the first half of the month. Leverage your social media networks to announce your exciting contests awarding discount coupons and attractive gifts. You can also post interesting Blogs on innovative gift ideas to draw more and more customers to your website.
While you are at it, towards the second half of the month also focus on upping the technical aspects of your website. Some of the things which you need to emphasize on include:
- Gearing up your servers to withstand heavy load during peak traffic
- Prepare against any server transaction errors during checkout
- Keyword Optimization to ensure healthy traffic
- Equip your staff with resources to track, analyze and resolve issues with shopping carts
You are now in the last lap of your preparations. Finalize your messaging and work towards aligning them with your product portfolio to ensure that customers are able to establish a seamless connection.
The time of the year has arrived. However, work for you continues as before. Make a note of a few things you need to take care of in the midst of all the celebrations:
- Keep a tab on the available inventory and estimate the expected additions that you might need to arrange for.
- Define and plan shipping schedules and offers. Try and be as innovative as possible to entice more customers
- Offer gift vouchers as an intelligent strategy to increase sales.
- Plan post-holiday sales, discounts and other attractive offers.
Plan your moves appropriately to make the most of the holiday season.