As a UX designer, there are some mistakes that need to be avoided at all costs, and yet are most commonly repeated in almost every environment, and for virtually all kinds of projects. Anyone who has been working in the field of UX design will have committed at least a few of these mistakes, and witnessed the others first-hand. Once you recognize them, however, it is crucial that you learn to avoid them. So what are these mistakes that every UX designer should avoid?
Communication is key to successful planning and implementation, and whenever a UX professional work without communicating regularly, nothing good ever comes out of it. Clients in particular get very anxious when they do not receive updates frequently, and as a UX designer, you need to learn to keep them in the loop.
While not communicating causes its share of problems, communicating too much also has its downfalls. Design is not something that requires the UX designer and the stakeholders to communicate daily. If anything, such an arrangement will lead to micromanagement by the client, as they will have suggested changed for everything, and they will delve too much in the finer things, instead of getting to see the big picture, which is what they should primarily be concerned with.
Job changes happen all the time and there is no guarantee that you will work at the same place 6 months from now, let alone 6 years. When you are gone, the project will still be live, and occasional maintenance and updates will be required. If you do not document the design properly, the UX designer who replaces you will have a very stressing time just figuring out how the design works, leave alone making any changes.
1) Documenting too much: Spending too much time on the documentation is also a folly. Make sure that the design is easily understood, and then stop. You do not need to specify everything, as long as you cover all the complicated stuff.
2) There is no one shoe that fits all: You might have been told by many to formulate a strategy that you can then use for every project and client. This will never work simply because no two projects are the same. Sure, you can create a loose outline for the entire process, but you should always be ready to adapt and improvise whenever needed.
3) Not doing due research: Do not be lazy when it comes to UX design. Use customer feedback to consistently improve the experience of the application, and make sure that your ideas will get a positive response.
4) Never shy away from using legacy data: Take advantage of the provided legacy data and research statistics to avoid running into problems that the designers and developers of the older versions of this application faced.
5) Losing perspective: The biggest pitfall, however, is arrogance. The role of a UX designer is crucial in application development, but at the end of the day, you are only making an application. Always keep things in perspective, and most of all, have fun with your work.
Acodez design team have focused on providing our clients the best user experience adapting best UX strategies blending with the latest web technologies. For an example, Take a look at the website we created for Flyplist LLC, USA (www.flyplist.com)
Are you planning to hire Web Designers in India? Call us at +91 9544668844 & get in touch with our team right away!
The Evolution of Bootstrap and Materialize: An OverviewPosted on Sep 22, 2017 by Jamsheer K
A Brief Introduction to Progressive Web Apps or PWAsPosted on Sep 21, 2017 by Jamsheer K
10 Effective Web Design Principles You Should KnowPosted on Sep 21, 2017 by Rajeesh PK
Brand new website for Anchor By Panasonic, fully designed and developed by team Acodez, is now live.
Working on a brand new website for Axis Bank Forex - right from Information Architecture & UX, UI and Development.
Working on a brand new website for Titan Sonata. Stay tuned to see it in action!
Signed contract with Panasonic Lighting as their digital marketing agency
Brand new website for CavinKare, fully designed and developed by team Acodez, is now live.
Signed Contract for a 5000+hours Web application for an investor firm in Saudi Arabia
Working on the Logo and Brand Identity for Remit Money (by Axis Bank)
Signed contract for managing the Social Media accounts of Anchor Electricals
Working on new E-commerce Portal for Cover Story - by Future Group. Stay Tuned!
Launched new website for Panasonic Powertools
Just Inaugurated - our 4th office in India at UL CyberPark SEZ, Calicut