Web site designing is undergoing a fast change with all the smaller digital devices like mobile phones picking up the internet. The buzz words we hear recently are ‘minimalism’ ‘responsive’ and ‘flat design’. Large companies like Microsoft started embracing flat design concepts and naturally we are going to witness everyone following the same. This concept is not a new one and the trend towards ‘flat’ is resurging slowly on top to stay there for many years to come.
Previously, best web designing means bombarding the users with a stunning interface, packed with animations and flashy elements. After this web designer tried to bring real life into the screen with drop shadows and faux-realistic textures. Now is the time for ‘Flat Design’ to rule the scene.
Flat Design has within it the concepts of ‘minimalism’ and ‘responsive’ attitude. With this design, users can concentrate on the content without any distraction. The main focus of flat design is the usability. At the same time, flat design does not mean just dull, ‘content only’ design.
Features of Flat Design:
- The design is a clean one without any complexity.
- No ornamental elements to distract the readers. The key to this aspect is eliminating unnecessary components or features that don’t help to fulfill the purpose.
- Choice of colors plays a significant role in Flat Design. Lively, bright colors are used to make the appearance pleasing and sophisticated one.
- Basic design structure is based on grid pattern with block elements.
- They focus on 2D images. Intelligent usage of 2D objects giving out a 3D effect is the underlying concept.
- Liberal Usage of Icons makes the site interactive, attractive and interesting. Users can identify the content easily when they are represented with icons. In addition, they can easily understand what the message is about before even reading the content. Colorful little icons grab quick attention. Moreover, icon fonts enable easy inclusion of them in the website without any fuss.
- Well planned typography is the lime light in flat design. They are presented with clear spacing between words and lines. Font faces used are clean, neat and legible with large enough size. All the whole typography of a flat designed web site presents the readers effortless reading.
The central idea to keep in mind while designing flat designed website is ‘simplicity’. Designers must not deviate from this central concept. They must adhere this rule to whatever feature they are implementing.
Use vivid and vibrant colors to design the site. Designers can refer the ‘Flat UI Colors’ online tool as a guide for selecting right color modes. Though bright colors are attractive, it is not a compulsory feature for flat design. Plain colors or just black and white is also enough to come out with a good flat designed website. The underlying concept is sophistication and pleasing appearance.
In good typography usage ‘sans serif’ font face ensures clear and crisp appearance. The content presented must be precise and to the point. All elements of User Interface such as links and buttons must be noticeably distinct.
Are you planning to hire Web Designers in India? Call us at +91 9544668844 & get in touch with our team right away!
Credits: Image // flatvsrealism.com