A website holds much importance for the business as it is its online manifestation. If the business owner is taking the first plunge in the world of internet, he or she might underplay the significance of the online presence of the enterprise and might also not clear about the design and appearance of the website. A website designer, however, in order to design a website that is in sync with the business must have few things clear about the enterprise and also the requirements of the client. When you set out to put up a questionnaire to your client who is new to the web, be prepared to face blank faces over a few questions as they may be caught off-guard. Such questions may be marked and asked in follow-up emails. The designer and the client must decide upon a fixed date for all the answer to be answered as it will be beneficial for both the clients and the designer. While the designer will able to visualize the website better and thus design better, the client will consequently get a better designed website thus getting the value for his money.
- A face to face meeting with the first time client will help the designer to get into the heart of the client and squeeze out the exact requirement.
- It will be beneficial for both the client and the designer.
A crisp list of 7 questions that most be posed to the client by every website designer
- To the point and concise description of the business: Often called Elevator pitch, it is a concise version of what the company does. To enable the website to grab the attention, it must be designed in a way to represent the elevator pitch on the web.
- Whether the client has a domain name? If the client already has a domain name registered, the designer can make it a reference point for the design. If not, a suitable domain name will have to be brainstormed that would go well the company’s profile.
- Target audience or the customer: Target audience must be filtered on the basis of age, gender, race, marital status, etc. If the designer knows well about which audiences to target, specific designs can be created.
- The goal and purpose of the website: The goal of the website and the purpose the client wants it to serve go a long way in influencing the design of the website. The designer must be briefed clearly about them.
- Any website preference: Though many designers are averse to asking this question, any website preference of the client can help the designer understand the requirements. The preferred websites must not be copied rather treated as an inspiration.
- Whether there are any existing designer elements? The designer must ask about any existing design, material like the logo and brochure and whether the client wants to use them or upgrade them. An opportunity to make extra money must not be let go away.
- Time that the client will be investing on the website in a week: Depending on the time, the client will invest on the website, the SEO elements like blogs will be included in the website.
Are you looking for top-class Web Design Services in India? Call us at +91 9544668844 & get in touch with our team right away!
Looking for a good team
for your next project?
Contact us and we'll give you a preliminary free consultation
on the web & mobile strategy that'd suit your needs best.